Work with Terry on a Custom Stained Glass Window or Door
We create custom stained glass windows and doors in our Burlington, Vermont studio. If you are interested in commissioning a custom stained glass window or door and are wondering how it works this page will walk you through the process. I love working with customers to create a lasting piece of art that will be enjoyed in your home for years to come. A custom stained glass window or door can help transform your space and can provide privacy while still allowing light to enter.
Part 1: Visioning
- Describe your vision for your custom window or door to me. We will work in creating a sketch or finding a photograph that matches your vision.
- Send me a photograph of the space the stained glass window or door is going to be, so I can see the space
- You can decide the dimensions. Do you want to fill the entire window or just part of it? Some custom windows will hang in a window, that’s fine. Sometimes it’s helpful to put a piece of paper (in your dimensions) in the window to see how it will look with something there, if you’re not wanting to fill the entire space.
- I will send an estimate and you will pay an initial deposit.
Part II: Development
- I will provide sketches and glass samples. We can often do this online but are happy to meet or mail these to you. At this point I can make any changes to the design and it will be included in the price. Further design changes may increase the price.
- Once we agree on the design and colors, I will begin working on your custom window. It usually takes about 3 weeks to complete it from this point.
- Your final window or door will be shipped or delivered. Balance is payable at pickup or before the piece ships.
Ready to get started? Fill out this form:
I look forward to working with you to create the prefect custom stained glass window or door for your home!